SMITH, Harry Price (1905-1983), brother of Wilfrid F. Smith, was born in Tiny Township near Midland, Ont. on 12 May 1905 and graduated from the Dept. of Architecture at the University of Toronto in 1929 where he was a Silver Medalist. He spent more than three years in the Toronto office of John M. Lyle and assisted him with plans for the headquarters of the Bank of Nova Scotia in Halifax. A dearth of work during the Depression forced Smith to return to Midland in 1933, but in late 1934 he was invited by his university classmate Arthur W. Davison to join him in Brockville where they formed a partnership (see list of works under Davison & Smith). In 1938-40 he lived and worked in Perth, Australia and planned and supervised the construction of a major hospital for the State of Western Australia. He then returned to Canada in December 1940 and accepted the appointment fo Chief Architect for the Commonwealth Air Training Plan and designed several portable hospitals for air based across Canada. In late 1945 he moved to Kingston, Ont. to form a partnership with Colin Drever and carried on a successful practise with him until Drever retired in late 1967 (see list works under Drever & Smith). From 1967 to 1975 Smith practiced in Kingston under his own name; then as Smith, Mill & Ross until 1983. Smith died in Kingston on 29 August 1983 (obit. Whig-Standard [Kingston], 30 Aug. 1983, 13; biog. and port. 13 Aug. 1980, 29; inf. Mrs. H.P. Smith, Kingston; Richard Smith, Toronto). A privately printed memoir by the architect entitled 'Adventures in an Architectural Archipelago' was released just before his death in 1983.