Wiley, Thomas R.

WILEY, Thomas R. (1907-1959), the son of Thomas H. Wiley, trained under his father in St. Catharines, Ont. and opened his own office there in 1945. His works include the Mills Memorial Carillon Tower, a refined interpretation of the Gothic Revival style erected in Victoria Lawn Cemetery in 1949. In 1958 both he and Page & Steele of Toronto were awarded a Massey Medal for their design of the Workman's Compensation Board Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre in Toronto. Wiley died in St. Catharines on 19 May 1959 (obituary in the St. Catharines Standard, 19 May 1959, 29)

FOREST HILL ROAD, residence for Sameul Ablin, 1946 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)
W.J. OILLE MOTOR SALES, St. Paul Crescent, showroom and garage, 1946 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)
ST. CATHARINES COLLEGIATE INST., Catharines Street, major addition, 1947 (C.R., lx, Feb. 1947, 144)
PRINCE OF WALES SCHOOL, Facer Street at Charles Avenue, major addition, 1947 (C.R., lxi, March 1948, 171)
GRACE ANGLICAN CHURCH, Geneva Street near Carlton Street, 1948 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)
KING STREET, near Queen Street, stores and offices for Lawrence Moorehouse, 1948 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)
MATHEWS MOTORS, Geneva Street near Welland Avenue, 1949 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)
MILLS MEMORIAL CARILLON TOWER, at Victoria Lawn Cemetery, Queenston Road, 1949 (Architectural & Historical Buildings- St. Catharines, Ont., 1977, 22-4, illus.)
McKINNON INDUSTRIES LTD., major addition to foundry and engine assembly plant for General Motors Ltd., Ontario Street near Carlton Street, 1950 (C.R., lxiii, Oct. 1950, 158)
ST. CATHARINES WATER WORKS, Welland Avenue near Court Street, office building, 1950 (inf. from St. Catharines Museum)