WEBSTER, Henry John (fl. 1886-96) was active in Toronto where he formed a partnership with Robert J. Edwards in early 1886 (see list of works under Edwards & Webster). Born in England, Webster had 'received his training in one of the best offices there' (M. Bixby, Industries of Canada-Ontario, 1886, 140). Their partnership flourished for nearly ten years as their firm demonstrated 'marked originality and great executive ability in dealing with the difficult problems and requirements of the building enterprise' (Toronto Illustrated, 1893, 165). One of their best known works was St. George's Hall, Toronto (1891-92), now the Arts & Letters Club. They also designed a remarkably sophisticated Queen Anne Revival style clubhouse for the Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Club in Halifax (1889). In April 1895 their firm was dissolved. Webster remained in Toronto for one year, but no information can be found on his activity after 1896.