WARREN, Jean Charles (1868-1929) worked as an architect and builder in the Murray Bay and Pointe-au-Pic region of Quebec. Many of his designs for large residences were influenced by American Shingle Style precedents developed by firms such as McKim, Mead & White of New York and by Peabody & Stearns of Boston. In 1904 he designed the Chateau Murray Hotel, MURRAY BAY, QUE. (demol. 1928), and in 1922 he assisted with the reconstruction of St Peter-on-the-Rock Anglican Church, CAP A L'AIGLE, QUE., a structure which replicated the original church completed there in 1889 (E. Kerry, Church of St. Peter-on-the-Rock 1872-1972, 10). He adapted the domestic Tudor Revival style in his design for 'Penteaves', the residence of Charles Livingood, POINTE-AU-PIC, QUE. in 1923 (C.H.G., v, May 1928, 25-8) and executed schemes for several other houses either on his own or in collaboration with other architects. His last and most important commission appears to be that for the Colonial Revival styled Club House for the Royal Quebec Golf Club, Bedard Road, BOISCHATEL, QUE, 1925 (list of works in obituary in L'Evenement [Quebec], 5 June 1929, 3). Warren died at Pointe-au-Pic on 4 June 1929 (obit. L'Evenement [Quebec City], 5 June 1929, 3; inf. John Paul Warren, Coquitlam, B.C.). An illustrated study of his architectural contribution to the heritage of the Murray Bay area was published in 1986 (Philippe Dube, Deux cents ans de villegiature dans Charlevoix, 1986, 147-65, illus.).